Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Boskone  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:26:22 PM(UTC)
Boskone

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Given to YAF community members who help unravel the Portal Puzzle and YAF.

Canada

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
TheNerd wrote:
I've gone and installed this beta on a clean install of dnn 5 (latest version) and went in to make a post. The odd thing is, the MOMENTI make the post, the wpw3 worker process on the server completely crashes and all of IIS needs to be reset in order for the system to recover. It happens on a post, an edit, a reply - anything that involves the message. I'm completely at a loss as to how to trouble shoot this - seems like its isolated to me, although I don't know why. this is a dedicated server with a clean install of YAF beta 3 and DNN 5. Jaben, can you point me in any direction as to what to look for? What happens during a post?

This is due to the bug in DotNetNukeUrlBuilder.cs
See this post
Boskone - A DotNetNuke user.
RDSCC
Offline kainthedragoonx  
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:07:16 AM(UTC)
kainthedragoonx

Jaben wrote:
I don't recommend having spacing in your applicationName. I suggest: applicationName="TableTopGamers". Settings look fine... you ran the migration code?

Is the Migration code something different than running the update via http://localhost/newsite/forums/install/default.aspx ?

I ran through the steps on http://localhost/newsite/forums/install/default.aspx and it said there where no issues. That process reported as working correctly.

Still left me with: "The user name or password entered is incorrect. Please try again."

Is there some migration functionality I am not seeing?

The only thing that I could see as a problem is me not entering the SMTP information. I am not entering the SMTP information for my dev environment. Could that cause issues?

Thanks for the heads up on the Application name...I corrected that.

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:08:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: cannot spell...

Offline daveburke  
#63 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:14:56 AM(UTC)
daveburke

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Open Source Contributer: Given to Dave for creating the Sueetie Open Source Project.Medal of Honor Thumbs Up!: Given to community members who are doing very cool things with the YAF project.

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
You're getting this when logging in to YAF the first time after upgrading? Sounds like a Provider issue in the web.config, in the <Membership /> element specifically. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'd check there.

-Dave
Offline kainthedragoonx  
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:26:30 AM(UTC)
kainthedragoonx

daveburke wrote:
You're getting this when logging in to YAF the first time after upgrading? Sounds like a Provider issue in the web.config, in the <Membership /> element specifically. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'd check there.

-Dave

Yep, when I log in the first time...

still messing around with the membership stuff, but as it stands there is not much I could be messing around with...the membership config looks pretty straight up!

Code:

<membership defaultProvider="YafMembershipProvider" hashAlgorithmType="MD5">
  <providers>
        <clear/>
	<add connectionStringName="yafnet" 
                 applicationName="TableTopGamers" 
                 name="YafMembershipProvider" 
                 requiresUniqueEmail="false" 
                 type="YAF.Providers.Membership.YafMembershipProvider" 
                 hashHex="true" 
                 hashCase="upper"/>
  </providers>
</membership>

That is my membership info from the web.config. I run through the code and my Membership object returns no users when I run the Membership.GetAllUsers() method.

I'm sure I missed something stupid easy...but I cannot figure this one out...
Offline daveburke  
#65 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:31:20 AM(UTC)
daveburke

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Open Source Contributer: Given to Dave for creating the Sueetie Open Source Project.Medal of Honor Thumbs Up!: Given to community members who are doing very cool things with the YAF project.

Sorry, missed the history on this. You were using 1.9.3 and upgrading to 1.9.4? And DNN is involved? Smile
Offline kainthedragoonx  
#66 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:40:00 AM(UTC)
kainthedragoonx

daveburke wrote:
Sorry, missed the history on this. You were using 1.9.3 and upgrading to 1.9.4? And DNN is involved? Smile

no, Prod is 1.9.1.2 and there is no DNN action...
Offline daveburke  
#67 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:44:48 AM(UTC)
daveburke

There are guys better versed in YAF.NET to advise you, but I do a lot of upgrades and I would certainly recommend going from 1.9.1 to a working 1.9.3, then from a working 1.9.3 to a working 1.9.4 beta.

Glad there's no DNN action. Smile
Offline kainthedragoonx  
#68 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:14:47 AM(UTC)
kainthedragoonx

Does it really need to be updated from 1.9.1.2 to 1.9.3 then to 1.9.4?
Offline daveburke  
#69 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:25:39 AM(UTC)
daveburke

kainthedragoonx wrote:

Does it really need to be updated from 1.9.1.2 to 1.9.3 then to 1.9.4?

I don't know what the official YAF line is on upgrades from 1.9.1.2, but personally I wouldn't consider going straight from 1.9.1.2 to 1.9.4 without first satisfied with a stable 1.9.3.

Even commercial products like Community Server that cost a gazillion dollars require incremental upgrades. (They did. Don't know about the very latest version as I haven't touched it.) The primary issue is ensuring a complete database upgrade. I am assuming you have a local development server and can quickly throw up a temp database and site. If performed exclusively in a shared hosting environment, then no, not a very fun venture. But if you're installing a beta, then I am also assuming that you plan on upgrading more than once anyway.

Then again, your issue could be something else.

Do you have a web.config in the root directory? Any other site applications in co-existence?

-Dave

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:33:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: grammatical edit

Offline DJGray  
#70 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 11:41:14 AM(UTC)
DJGray

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Dave,

Thank you for your willingness to jump in on this. kainthedragoonx and I are having the EXACT same issue. The only difference between us is he is upgrading from 1.9.1.2 and I'm upgrading from 1.9.1.8. The installation/upgrade instructions provide for this, so I'm assuming it has been tried successfully.

The key seems to be Step 3 where we "copy web.config file"

Here, for those who are upgrading from 1.9.1.x we are directed to rename the v191-upgrade-web.config to web.config and upload that bad boy to the site. Done that many times, been there and got the tee-shirt. The remaining instructions in this section are for 1.9.3 upgrade users.

This seems pretty simple and straight forward, but...

I read a post from another user who during his upgrade saw messages regarding user accounts being migrated to the new table. I have seen no such message, and the new user table has 0 rows in it. All users are still in the original table.

Is there a stored proc we can run or some sql queries we can use to get the users migrated? If they are in the new table, will the login begin working?

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2009 11:43:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline daveburke  
#71 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:03:05 PM(UTC)
daveburke

I wish I knew more about YAF Membership cause I don't want to give you bad info. Perhaps someone else will fill the void.

For membership YAF uses its own providers or ASPNET membership. Very cool, actually. You'll see a number of tables yaf_prov_application, yaf_prov_user, etc which pattern the ASPNET Membership data structure so YAF user data can site on top of either it or ASPNET Membership. I've always used YAF with ASPNET membership, so my yaf_prov tables are empty.

The provider sql scripts are in the /install/mssql/prov folder and executed on install/upgrade.

There's a lot of dynamic object creation in YAF, including the application name prov_application if you look at the yaf_prov_getuser stored procedure which executes yaf_prov_createapplication. If I were analyzing this I'd focus here, at the yaf_prov_CreationApplication proc, and yaf_prov_GetAllUsers procs. I'd downshift Visual Studio into debug mode and hang out in YAF.Providers.YafMEmbershipDBConnManager's GetAllUsers() and GetUser() methods to wait for some bits to come a long to see what might be missing in the underlying data. Or set a breakpoint in login.ascx.cs login1_authenticate() and let PageContext.CurrentMembership.ValidateUser() take you through the process.

G'luck!
-Dave

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:06:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jaben  
#72 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:24:14 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
DJGray wrote:
Dave,

Thank you for your willingness to jump in on this. kainthedragoonx and I are having the EXACT same issue. The only difference between us is he is upgrading from 1.9.1.2 and I'm upgrading from 1.9.1.8. The installation/upgrade instructions provide for this, so I'm assuming it has been tried successfully.

The key seems to be Step 3 where we "copy web.config file"

Here, for those who are upgrading from 1.9.1.x we are directed to rename the v191-upgrade-web.config to web.config and upload that bad boy to the site. Done that many times, been there and got the tee-shirt. The remaining instructions in this section are for 1.9.3 upgrade users.

This seems pretty simple and straight forward, but...

I read a post from another user who during his upgrade saw messages regarding user accounts being migrated to the new table. I have seen no such message, and the new user table has 0 rows in it. All users are still in the original table.

Is there a stored proc we can run or some sql queries we can use to get the users migrated? If they are in the new table, will the login begin working?

YAF automatically determines if it's necessary to run User Migration on install. It depends on the current version you have installed.

I believe v1.9.4 beta 3's User Migration is an improvement on v1.9.3. I don't think it's a problem going from v1.9.1.2 to v1.9.4 beta 3.

I ran quite a few tests upgrading from v1.9.1 to v1.9.4 to get it right. Obviously, there are situations I did not test for...
Offline DJGray  
#73 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 3:17:33 AM(UTC)
DJGray

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Argh! Still no joy. I don't know what I'm missing. I'm going to blow it all out again, restore 1.9.1.8, and then try to upgrade that to 1.9.3. Assuming that works, I'll try moving that to 1.9.4b3 and hopefully earn the Superman cape.

If I can't get this, I'd like to get on my knees and see if I can beg Dave, Mek, Jaben or someone to FTP to my site and see if they can determine what's wrong with my install.

I'll try this incremental upgrade first.

Thanks again to all.

Offline daveburke  
#74 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 3:26:14 AM(UTC)
daveburke

Thanks for the update, DJ. The incremental approach is really the way to go, IMO. And YAF makes upgrades a snap (98.7% of the time, anyway.Very Happy )

I'm confident you'll be donning that Superman cape soon and back kicking Lex Luther's butt again.

-Dave
Offline triangle  
#75 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2009 4:45:24 AM(UTC)
triangle

i've two suggestions:

1. What's the plan for the first RC and Final Release?
2. please make the LDAP/SSO Integration working fine Smile
Rss Feed  Atom Feed