mikebetz42
I was able to install the older version on older system no problems... but new version is being installed on new system.

Running Server 2008 x64 and SQL 2008 x64.

I am stuck on this error...

Server Error in '/forum' Application.

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'var' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 275: if (RegisterForumCompleted != null)
Line 276: {
Line 277: var invokeArgs = ((InvokeCompletedEventArgs) (arg));
Line 278: RegisterForumCompleted(this, new RegisterForumCompletedEventArgs(invokeArgs.Results, invokeArgs.Error, invokeArgs.Cancelled, invokeArgs.UserState));
Line 279: }

Source File: c:\Websites\website.com\wwwroot\forum\App_Code\YAF\Web References\RegisterForum\Reference.cs Line: 277

NOW, if I refresh the page I can get....

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

and again......

Compilation Error

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'var' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 43: protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
Line 44: {
Line 45: var sb = new StringBuilder();
Line 46:
Line 47: string spoilerTitle = HtmlEncode(LocalizedString("SPOILERMOD_TOOLTIP", "Click here to show or hide the hidden text (also known as a spoiler)"));

Source File: c:\Websites\website.com\wwwroot\forum\App_Code\YAF\Modules\SpoilerBBCodeModule.cs Line: 45

Source Error:

Line 57: private void ForumPage_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
Line 58: {
Line 59: var htmlImgBanner = ControlHelper.FindControlRecursiveBothAs<HtmlImage>(CurrentForumPage, "imgBanner");
Line 60: var imgBanner = ControlHelper.FindControlRecursiveBothAs<Image>(CurrentForumPage, "imgBanner");
Line 61:

Source File: c:\Websites\website.com\wwwroot\forum\App_Code\YAF\Modules\PageLogoHandlerModule.cs Line: 59

The error jumps around... not sure whats going on...

HELP!

I RTFM, and have tried everything I could think of... v1.9.3 was a breeze... lost here.

Thanks,

-Mike
Sponsor
mikebetz42
I solved my own issue, looking over the web.config I noticed it was for an older version.

I thought I had started from scratrch, but somehow the older version made it in there.

Problem is solved, and all is well!

Thanks,

-Mike
vikrammalhotra
plz help me out me getting the same error
of var , script manager

The type or namespace name 'var' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

how to add the web config file
vikrammalhotra
iam using it in visual studio 2008 na d sql server 2008
and version
v 1.9.4