YAFLogo

Schellemann
  • Schellemann
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2021-08-05T16:01:11Z
Hello YAF Team,

we tried to upgrade a YAF Forum from 2.2.5.1 to the current Version in a Development Area. In Visual Studio Debug Mode the Project Crashes after a Attachement to Upload is choosen. In an IIS Deployment the Website stops working and shows only an empty Upload Window.

yaffail.png

Click to View Image4 View(s)

We tried to reload the current Forum Version on all Ways we found, website, github, internet. All Versions have for us the same Bug. We checked the User Permissions on System for writing on Disk.

Have you some Tipps?

Thanks for Help.

Sponsor
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.0
2021-08-06T00:02:32Z
Are there any errors in the event log, or the browser JavaScript console?

Possible source of error missing file handler entry in the web.config

UserPostedImage
Schellemann
  • Schellemann
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
2021-08-06T07:56:27Z
Event Logs has no relevant entrys, browser says only that bootstrap.site.js.maps not found (i think for debug) and site.manifest couldn found (maybe a problem?).

I checked the Handler and cant find issues at the first moment. Config is attached.

web.txt (8kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
2021-08-06T08:31:02Z
The web.config seems correct. If the event log is empty then it can only be an java script error. Is this browser specific or does it happen with all browsers?

Is the website viewable so you could send me a link via PM?

Also this could also be a ui problem. Is YAF Running as standalone application or as control in an existing site? Is it possible that a different bootstrap version is loaded on the page?

UserPostedImage
Schellemann
  • Schellemann
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
2021-08-06T09:18:21Z
So i'm happy that it seems i didn't broke anything in the web.config.

The Website is only running the YAF Forum. The Main Website of the customer has only a link to the forum page.

The current real website is rolled back to the older version. the developement site is currently offline in case of server maintenance.

I tried different browsers on visual studio in debug mode again. the browsers gave no error messages in the browser console

at first: all browsers have the same issue: empty attechement box. All of them shows in the source code, that the "UploadDialog" grows his alert area, after i choosed a file for upload, but it's empty.

developement website:

developementsite.png

Click to View Image5 View(s)

to compare same window on this yaf forum:

compare_yafforum.png

Click to View Image5 View(s)

specific issues on different browsers:

- vivaldi and firefox crashes the hole debug instance after choosing a file.

- internet explorer and microsoft edge - only does nothing more after choose a file, but i can reload the page and it doesn't crash completely.

- the interesting: in google chrome i can press "start all uploads" and the attachement is uploaded to database. if i try to see the preview, there comes the attached error message(null value at some point). But if i post the topic and opens it, the attachement is correctly shown in the topic. If i edit the post and click on preview, the same error message return.

null value:

nullvalue.txt (7kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
2021-08-08T01:27:40Z
I can confirm the Preview issue. This will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding the files not showing up, i still think this is a css issue. There must be a master page loaded. Because the js file bootstrap.site.js is not loaded from YAF. Without seeing the site i cant help. I need to see the generated html.

UserPostedImage
Schellemann
  • Schellemann
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
2021-08-10T11:13:52Z
We found the issue. The Attachments are shown correctly and the upload works fine. 

If you set a Attachment Size Limit, a "UPLOAD_NOTE" as info is shown. This Info is renderd in front of the Attachments.

If we set the Attachment Size Limit to 0, the Warning is not displayed and all is working fine.

Only with the "vivaldi" Browser the Visual Studio Debug Session chrashes further. But this can be a Problem with vivaldi. That's fine for us, vivaldi is not so popular.

tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
2021-08-10T13:00:53Z
Originally Posted by: Schellemann 

We found the issue. The Attachments are shown correctly and the upload works fine. 

If you set a Attachment Size Limit, a "UPLOAD_NOTE" as info is shown. This Info is renderd in front of the Attachments.

If we set the Attachment Size Limit to 0, the Warning is not displayed and all is working fine.

Only with the "vivaldi" Browser the Visual Studio Debug Session chrashes further. But this can be a Problem with vivaldi. That's fine for us, vivaldi is not so popular.

Thanks issue will be fixed with the next release.

UserPostedImage