YAFLogo

universesolved
2020-12-31T18:44:25Z
Hello,

GoDaddy recently migrated my website to an IIS 8 server (had be IIS 7) and now my forum is broken. The error message received can be seen here:

https://theuniversesolved.com/theuniversesolved/yetanotherforum/ 

I know I have an old version of YAF (I think maybe 1.0.61025.0 if that makes sense, because that is in the web.config file) but I really hate losing 12 years of posts from thousands of users so I kind of want to stick with what I have. I don't have much in the way of developer expertise so I really hope someone can point me in the right direction to help get my forum working again. Thanks very much in advance.

Sponsor
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF.NET Project Lead 🤴 YAF Version: 3.0.0 RC 2
2021-01-01T02:56:47Z
Your data would not be lost, unless the database would be deleted.

The Error Message should be very clear

Quote:

: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

You need to setup the folder as .net application in your IIS (plex interface)

UserPostedImage
universesolved
2021-01-01T20:46:52Z
Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I did what you suggested - created a virtual directory and set it to be a .net application, but I am still getting the same errors. At this point, I would be interested in paying someone to be my YAF administrator - is that possible?
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
2021-01-03T14:37:47Z
Check your folder structure

according the the url

https://theuniversesolved.com/theuniversesolved/yetanotherforum/

you put the forum in the sub folder of theuniversesolved so you would need to convert the sub folder names yetanotherforum as application and not theuniversesolved

UserPostedImage
universesolved
2021-01-05T06:12:29Z
thank you, yes i have done this. the subfolder yetanotherforum is set as a .net application. still not working. is there a YAF expert that i ca hire to fix this?
tha_watcha
  • tha_watcha
  • 100% (Exalted)
2021-01-06T08:52:56Z
Originally Posted by: universesolved 

thank you, yes i have done this. the subfolder yetanotherforum is set as a .net application. still not working. is there a YAF expert that i ca hire to fix this?

I can help you, but only on the weekends. Feel free to send me a PM.

UserPostedImage